Xanax Bars belong to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect.
It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA). Xanax(Alprazolam) is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Xanax is a fast-acting drug that metabolizes quickly in the body. It gets the user “high” and then wears off rapidly, leaving them wanting more. Benzodiazepine addiction comes with a myriad of side effects that varies among individuals.
USES: Xanax is used to treat:
• Anxiety disorders
• Panic disorders
• Anxiety caused by depression.
INTERACTIONS WITH DISEASE: To make sure Xanax is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
• Seizures or epilepsy
• Kidney or liver disease (especially alcoholic liver disease)
• Asthma or other breathing disorder
• Open-angle glaucoma
• A history of depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior
INTERACTIONS WITH DRUG: Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using, especially:
• Ritonavir or other medicines to treat HIV or AIDS
• Antifungal medicine – fluconazole, voriconazole
SIDE EFFECTS: Common Xanax side effects may include:
• Slurred speech
• Lack of balance or coordination
• Memory problems
• Feeling anxious early in the morning
• Increased energy
• Depressed mood.